Monday, February 2, 2009

Babe Watch

Molly, the smaller of the white does who gave us two bucklings last year, developed a full udder about 5 days ago and had full teats for at least a week or so prior. Today Rocky Top was chasing Milly around before they all came down to steal yesterday's leftover cow hay. Then Molly didn't come down when fresh was put out...which they normally do. Rocky and Milly were calling her to no avail. Even Jeff called for her.

So I went out as they always think it's snack time and haul tail when I call. No show. So up the mountain I went (11:30 am). There she was up at the very top looking bewildered that it took me so long to get up there. She came over for a pet but wasn't interested in coming down and didn't follow.

Our boys had a big birthday weekend, turning 2 years old. When they go down for an afternoon nap around 2 I'll head up the mountain again and check Molly. No signs of Milly coming due anytime soon but with Rocky chasing her this morning I'm wondering if she's just late to come into heat.

No comments: